can't believe that a month has already gone by since we welcomed this sweet boy into the world. here we go on the monthly photo adventure again. luckily he was very laid back and didn't seem to question why he was sitting in a recliner next to a stuffed hippo. i figured it was only appropriate that he wore his captain shirt and of course that there was plaid involved.
at one month, carson :
- weighs approximately 13.5 pounds per my weighing him this am.
- is so very long and lanky.
- continues to have blue eyes and little hair. the hair he does have is super light. his coloring is very much like camryn and i'm thinking they most resemble one another.
- is starting to outgrow his 0-3 month clothes not because of weight but because everything is becoming too snug to snap because of his height. his 0-3 month pants/shorts are still too large and tend to slide down. thank goodness for a diaper to keep them up!
- goes to bed between 8 and 8:30p and wakes up between 7 and 7:30p. will often go back to sleep again after eating for another hour or so.
- eats every 2-3 hours but will go longer stretches overnight. he eats twice during the night.
- doesn't seem to overly enjoy his pacifier but will take it.
- is starting to enjoy his playmat, especially when i put him on his belly.
- sleeps better during the day swaddled and at night with his arms out of his swaddle and by his head. go figure!
- takes a long nap in the morning and a shorter one in the afternoon and around dinner. his am naps are between 2-3 hours and the other two are iffy and usually around an hour or so. i also transitioned him to napping in his crib much earlier than i did with the girls and he doesn't seem to mind. his sisters don't seem to have a volume control and i needed to put extra space between them.
- nicknames… so far not really anything that's sticking. he's often referred to as "buddy" by the girls and "handsome boy" by me.
- is super easy going about being dragged here and there to various activites and outings. although with the hot weather, he gets super sweaty being in his infant carrier.
- seems to now enjoy his bath and is content hanging out in his tub while his sisters are very LOUD in their bath.
looking back on the girls' one month update i had to laugh that he weighs exactly what leighton did at this age. however given that he's probably 2" taller than she was, you'd never guess!