four months already. ack. the last few weeks have been a bit rough but we continue on…
at four months, carson :
- weighs 17 pounds (78.89%). i don’t believe i’ve ever had a child in this percentile!
- is 26.8″ tall (98.9%). not shocking.
- eats five times a day, about every 3-4 hours.
- goes to bed between 7:15 and 7:30p and gets up between 7 and 7:30a.
- is sleeping through the night. you think this would be followed by an exclamation mark, but ever since he began sleeping through the night, he’s been on a napping strike of sorts.
- continues to need to be swaddled to sleep. his arms are crazy and he’ll constantly take out his pacifier and make himself mad. at least once or twice a week i end up sleeping on his floor because of the need to put his pacifier back in.
- naps are my source of stress. the past week or so has been a bit better but some days he’s sleeping only an hour during the day total. by bedtime, we’ve reached meltdown mode.
- is wearing 6-12 month clothes.
- is still not a fan of tummy time. no rolling over yet because of it although i think he’s getting close.
- nicknames = handsome boy and snuggly bear. both used exclusively by mama. the girls refer to him as buddy or buddy boy.
- has found a new love in the jumperoo. he’ll stay in there for a half hour and enjoys being able to see everything that is going on around him.
- continues to love bath time and usually has me drenched by the end. thinking he’s close to moving into the big tub with his bath seat. hello new adventure!
- loves to chew on his fingers. this photo is so appropriate as he seems to be constantly snacking on them. he’s just beginning to discover his feet so i fear they may be the the next snack of choice.
and all three of my crazies in the chair. everyone is looking and pseudo smiling. a new favorite.
here’s hoping we conquer the napping issues and we all become more well rested this next month.