so hard to believe we're at the halfway point to a year. ack! not hard to believe? that it's taken me almost two weeks to get this update up. carson hit the six month mark when we were out of town traveling so although i got a photo taken, this mama is constantly treading water and trying not to drown. thus some of the below stats are no longer accurate, but were for when he hit the six month mark. for christmas i'd like five extra hours added to my day. preferably night time hours when my children are sleeping and i can get things done.
at 6 months, carson :
- is in the 98th percentile for height. so not shocking.
- is 17 pounds 6 ounces. the 68th percentile. i've never had a baby not in the 90th+ percentile for any measurement. this skinny guy is a first!
- goes to bed between 7:15 and 7:30p and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30a.
- napping continues to be a struggle. it's a good day if he naps a total of an hour and a half the entire day. some days he naps a total of 30 minutes which makes for a very long day.
- is nursing five times a day.
- started solids. thus far has had squash and sweet potatoes and enjoyed both.
- is enjoying the vantage point from his high chair. i love being able to sit him there with a few toys while i get meals ready.
- still isn't a fan of cereal. that is unless it's made with milk instead of water. a luxury i told him he won't be getting used to.
- still thinks that tummy time is the most inhumane thing to ever occur.
- adores thomas, especially his tail. they both jockey for a position on my lap when we're playing on the floor.
- has begun to enjoy his bumbo seat. of course because he's about to outgrow it.
- can sit up. although if he knows i'm behind him, he'll fall backwards intentionally. such a fun game.
- is constantly amused by his big sisters. it's fun to watch his relationship grow with both of them and how they interact.
and my new favorite monthly tradition, a photo of all three. wonder how long they'll all fit in this chair?