Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites
The most perfect bite sized treat ever! Why choose between a peanut butter cup and a brownie when you can have both in a single serving? The most time intensive part of this recipe? Unwrapping the peanut butter cups!
Write a review
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Stir frequently, being careful not to burn. When almost melted, remove from heat. Stir sugar into chocolate until well blended. Let cool to just warm.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg into chocolate mixture. Add vanilla and stir until completely smooth. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until middle is almost set. Immediately press one peanut butter cup into brownie bite so that the top of the candy is flush with the top of the brownie. Let stand until completely cooled.
- To make the brownie bites not so sweet, try using dark chocolate peanut butter cups. We especially love the ones from Trader Joe's. So good!