The handsome boy might just be the death of me. My nemesis most days. The difference between he and the girls is astounding. Always throwing me a curve ball to insure I don’t get bored of our usual routine. It’s a good thing he’s so cute!
At 15 months, Carson:
- Weighs 28 pounds, 6.5 oz .
- Is 33.5″ tall.
- has started becoming an early bird. UGH. He goes to bed around 7ish but has started getting up anywhere between 5:45 and 7a. In my book, if you’re getting up before mama’s alarm goes off, that is not okay.
- Is still on the horrible nap trend. 45 minutes – 1 hour is about all he’ll give me before the screaming and crying begins. Most times I’m unable to get him to go back to sleep. Very frustrating.
- Is starting to surf more but has yet to take any steps on his own.
- Has three teeth and is working on a fourth. This doesn’t stop him from eating anything and everything that he sees. He loves to eat and a snack usually pacifies him for a bit if he’s upset.
- Loves the cats. He head butts them to show his unwavering affection. For some reason, they’re quite tolerant of him. More than I remember them being with the girls. He also loves watching Lizzie swimming around in her tank.
- Will squawk back at birds while outside in the yard, especially the blue jays. He also loves spotting the squirrels and chipmunks.
- Will stop everything – even mid-tantrum – if he hears an airplane and will look everywhere trying to find it. A bit hard to do given the large, old trees in our neighborhood.
- Is becoming quite the puzzler like his older sister, Leighton. He also loves playing with Magnatiles and the play food and kitchen.
- Has become quite the fan of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread. He won’t even wait for me to toast it for him anymore but would rather eat it as is. He loves eating it after his usual morning banana.
- Is very blonde. Definitely more blonde than Camryn ever was, although he does resemble her most in coloring.
- Has become a bit better at riding in the car. With six trips back and forth to school three days of the week, being fussy about it isn’t really an option.
- Is LOUD during church. Another difference from the girls who were usually quite good.
- Loves going on walks in the neighborhood in the stroller or wagon.
- Loves pasta.
- Is infatuated with the book Dear Zoo. We read it every night before bed and he also enjoys looking at it while I put on his lotion and jammies before bed.
Definitely keeping it real with the photo of the menagerie this month. This is how they look post-school and naps. I can’t wait to put all of the monthly photos I’ve taken of them together. I’ll only be taking three more monthly shots of Carson but might try to keep going with the series of the three of them.