Ground pork, pineapple salsa, fire roasted tomatoes and black beans mingle together in a large pot to create a one of a kind, unforgettable chili. A diced fresh pineapple topping makes for the ultimate combination of sweet and smokey in this Pineapple Pork Chili.
Hello, Sunday! I’m excited to by joining my friends for another Sunday Supper event. This week’s theme is a Chili Cook-off! Not only do I love to cook, but I also happen to be a highly competitive person. Ask my family. Some even refuse to play board games with me…
What a fun twist on our typical Sunday round-up!
My “everyday” chili, the one that I create on a fairly frequent basis during the cold winter months, is my Beer Braised Beanless Chili. But for today, I wanted to share something a little less traditional. Something packed with unexpected flavors that work together so well, yet your mind can’t wrap itself around the idea of how it’s possible. Pineapple? Pork? Yes, please!
Ground pork, pineapple salsa, fire roasted tomatoes and black beans mingle together in a large pot to create a one of a kind, unforgettable chili. The fact that there is absolutely no chopping or prep work involved means that it takes less than 30 minutes to bring this dish from kitchen to table.
But my favorite part? The part that is always the show stopper, although always given a quizzical first glance? The garnish of fresh, diced pineapple on top. There’s something about the combination of sweet, juicy fruit paired with the smoky heat of the chili itself that keeps you coming back for more.
Like a little more heat in your chili? I’ve also substituted mango habanero salsa for the pineapple salsa with great results. It’s delicious either way Just don’t forget to serve with a side of Simple Sweet Cornbread!
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day!
Take a peek below at the other chili recipes entered into today’s Chili Cook-off and then don’t forget to vote for your favorite! The chili with the most votes at the end of the voting period will get one ticket to the 2014 Food and Wine Conference, being this July + a $25 gift card.
Remember, I said I was competitive - I’D LOVE YOUR VOTE! The button to vote for my chili is ABOVE the photo.
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Kim’s Kickin’ Chili from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (Combination of Meats) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.