Large pasta shells bursting at the seam with Parmesan, mozzarella, ricotta and cottage cheeses with an added pop of color from the spinach. Topped by a chunky marinara sauce, this meatless meal will definitely leave you satisfied!
I can’t remember when I started intentionally adding a meatless meal to our weekly menu. It’s been a few years, I think. It took a few months for my meat and potato husband to come around to the idea but now he comes to expect it. He also comes to expect the lovely dessert I bribe him to go along with the idea, although secretly, I think he’s totally on board and just likes to make a fuss about it.
I was excited to learn that the theme for this week’s Sunday Supper was Meatless Meals so that I could add a few new dishes to our weekly line up. Thanks so much to Tammi of Momma’s Meals for hosting. Tammi was the first blogger I connected with when I joined the Sunday Supper Movement and was so kind in showing me the ropes!
If you can boil water, you can make this dish. Even better, you can prepare this dish in advance and simply put it into the oven to warm through. That’s my kind of dish! I’ve made this dish while I’ve prepared lunch for my youngest two and then simply reheated it once the dinner hour arrived.
Speaking of my children, they literally inhaled these stuffed shells. My oldest ate five of them without a second thought. If that isn’t a seal of approval, I don’t know what is! Even my three year old who has all of a sudden decided she doesn’t “eat leaves,” also known as spinach to the rest of the world, ate them without complaint.
And can we talk about the cheese factor for a minute? Not one or two, but four – count them, four! – different cheeses steal the show. The filling couldn’t be easier as it’s simply stirred together in a large bowl. To insure each shell was filled evenly, I used a small cookie scoop. Definitely made the job quick and easy!
You will likely have additional shells leftover but I like to cook the entire box of pasta shells as some tend to break when cooking.
Not only a delicious main dish that can be made ahead if needed, but a satisfying and meatless meal at that!
Looking for more meatless meal inspiration? Check out these other amazing dishes:
Salads, Soups, Stews and Starters
- Spicy Vegan Potato Salad by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Veggie Salad Trio with Zucchini Noodles and Pesto by Hip Foodie Mom
- Olive Tapenade by MealDiva
- Chickpea Chile Soup with Greens and Grains by Shockingly Delicious
- Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Potato Chickpea Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- “Beef” Stew with Potato Cake Tops by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Teriyaki Quinoa “Meatballs” by The Foodie Patootie
- Black Bean “Meatballs” with Marinara by Foxes Love Lemons
- Spicy Vegetarian Meatballs by Mess Makes Food
Pastas, Pizzas and Casseroles
- Zucchini and Mushroom Skillet Lasagna by Curious Cuisiniere
- Four Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Shells by Melanie Makes
- Spicy Penne with Tomatoes and Havarti by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Tomato Casserole by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Deconstructed Vegan “Lasagna” by What Smells So Good?
- Ramen Stir Fry by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Broccolini Macaroni and Cheese by Family Foodie
- Sundried Tomato and Zucchini Pizza with Goat Cheese by Healthy. Delicious.
- Creamy Parmesan Mushroom and Leek Pasta by Neighborfood
- Roasted Veggie Manicotti by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pasta Patate by Webicurean
- Spaghetti and Chickpeas and Roasted Tomato Sauce by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Radicchio and Gorgonzola Tortelloni with Butter and Walnuts by Manu’s Menu
- Quinoa Black Bean Burger with Ginger Cilantro & Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Garbanzo and Brown Rice Burgers by girlichef
- Tofu Burgers by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
Tacos & Everything Wrapped
- Blackened Tofu Tacos with Asian Slaw by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mushroom & Poblano Tacos by La Cocina de Leslie
- Green Chile Enchiladas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Beet and Goat Cheese Tacos with Avocado Cream by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Black Bean and Avocado Flautas by Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Spinach Quinoa Burritos by Alida’s Kitchen
Other Main and Side Dishes
- Vegan, Gluten Free Breakfast Bars by Pies and Plots
- Mushroom and Lentil Cottage Pie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mediterranean Tomato Tart by Magnolia Days
- Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Fontina Polenta with Sauteed Porcini Mushrooms by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Leek and Zucchini Tarte Tatin by Food Lust People Love
- Tofu and Peas Curry (Tofu Matar) by Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.