Looking for a dessert that screams Spring? This Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze is everything you love about warmer temperatures and then some. A light fluffy cake piled high with fresh, grilled fruit and finished with a sweet glaze, this is the perfect finish to the end of any meal.
So I think it’s obvious at this point. I absolutely love cooking with beer and wine. It brings such a great depth of flavor to a recipe that is unparalleled by any other ingredient. Over the winter I made several recipes with the rich, dark stout beer but now that Spring is here – in theory, anyway – I wanted to take the opportunity to lighten things up a bit.
When I think of Spring, I think of dusting off the grill, eating meals outside on the patio and enjoying a drink at the end of the day. We were just able to have our first meal outside last weekend and it was so amazing!
This Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake captures all that I love about the rising temperatures. The cake itself is light in flavor and in composition. It’s not going to sit heavy in your stomach after a long meal but instead is the perfect bite of dessert.
The Brown Sugar Glaze? Oh. My. This stuff is amazing! The cake itself isn’t overly sweet so the glaze gives it the perfect finishing touch. It works its way into all of the cake crevices and, if you’re like me, you’ll be trying to swipe extra spoonfuls from the cake plate.
And because I wanted to add just a bit more freshness to it all, I topped it with large chunks of grilled pineapple. See what I did there? I combined everything I love about Spring and baked it in a bundt pan! I actually took a photo of the finished cake with my phone and texted it to my husband and told him if ever there was a cake that was made for him, it was this one. Being the good husband that he is, he confirmed that I was indeed correct when he had a slice after dinner that night.
I’m excited to be participating in Bundt Bakers for the first time this month. Many thanks to the talented Tara from Noshing with the Nolands for hosting! Looking for other Spring/Easter themed cakes? Check out these amazing recipes:
- Babka with Bittersweet Chocolate Chunks from Laura at The Spiced Life
- Bunny Nest Carrot Mini Bundts from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Bursting-With-Berries Lemon Curd Bundt Cake from Felice at All That’s Left Are Crumbs
- Carrot Tea Cake from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Colorful Spring Bundt Cake from Varada at Varada’s Kitchen
- Easter Bunny Bundt from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Easter Egg Cake from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Easter Pound Cake from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Hot Cross Mini Bundt from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Lemon & Elderflower Bundt Cake from Maria at Box of Stolen Socks
- Lemon Coconut Bundt Cake from Kathia at Basic N Delicious
- Mini Lemon Spring Bundts from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze from Melanie at Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email to Stacy at email@example.com or ask to join our private Facebook group. This is a purely administrative group. All recipes and photographs can be found on our individual blogs or our Pinterest board.