Spicy sausage meatballs spiked with Red Moscato wine, these Moscato Meatball Skewers are served alongside a cool yogurt sauce for a perfect appetizer or main course.
I love food and drink holidays. You know, the days or month that celebrate a specific type of culinary creation? Just like last month was National Grilled Cheese Month, this week there’s National Moscato Day on May 9th. To celebrate, this week’s Sunday Supper recipes all include or are perfectly paired with a Gallo Family Vineyards‘ Moscato. In the case of my recipe, it’s both!
Gallo Family Vineyards actually produces three different varieties of moscato: red, white and pink. When I read that their Red Moscato brings out flavors of sweet citrus and peach, with a bright red berry finish and paired well with spicy cuisine, I knew it was the one I wanted to work with. I love spicy food!
These skewers are a play on an appetizer I was served at Michael Symon’s book signing last fall. This man’s love of Cleveland is abundant and he was so personable in the limited amount of time I was able to chat with him. These Moscato Meatball skewers are perfect as an appetizer when getting together with friends or could even be served as an entree for your family as an easy weeknight meal. With a limited ingredient list and minimal prep time, you’ll sure to love them as much as I do!
These skewers are not only spiked with Moscato but are then sprinkled with fresh cilantro and Parmesan cheese and served alongside a cool yogurt and cucumber sauce, these skewers pack a flavorful punch!
Want to find additional recipes featuring Moscato? Look no further than our Sunday Supper table!
Appetizers and Mains:
- Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken by Family Foodie
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Bellinis by The Foodie Army Wife
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mandarin Orange Tart by NinjaBaking.com
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mexican Chocolate Ganache Cake by MealDiva
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peachy Apricot Moscato Cake with Moscato Whipped Cream by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- Strawberry Tart with Moscato Lemon Curd by Foxes Love Lemons
Click here for a $1 off coupon your next bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato.
To find a store near you that carries the Moscato that I used in this recipe or any other wine produced by Gallo Family Vineyards, use their helpful store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.