A cold and refreshing Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie, perfect for the hottest of Summer days. A quick and easy vanilla wafer crust is covered in layers of vanilla ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce. This six ingredient dessert is a family favorite and is sure to become yours, too!
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is a Summer BBQ Party which couldn’t be more perfect as every Sunday you’ll likely find out family in the backyard grilling dinner. I’m also happy to be co-hosting this week’s event with Jennie from The Messy Baker.
It’s only appropriate that I’m sharing a dessert recipe today as it’s what I always volunteer to bring to parties. And this dessert is a family favorite that Andy’s mom makes for us. In fact, she included in a recipe book that she and Andy’s sister compiled for me full of recipes from family and friends when Andy and I got married. It wouldn’t be Summer without this pie!
Even better, this frozen confection comes together in just 15 minutes and I almost always have everything on hand. Score for always having dessert at the ready!
A quick and easy crust of layered vanilla wafers is covered in layers of vanilla ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce. The end result? A cold and refreshing Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie, perfect for the hottest of Summer days.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- vanilla wafers
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together evaporated milk, chocolate chips, marshmallows and salt until completely melted.
- Line bottom and sides of 9" pie plate with vanilla wafers.
- Spread half of ice cream over wafers. Cover with half of hot fudge mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Freeze until firm, 3-5 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired.
Looking for more great ice cream recipes?
Looking for more great dishes to include at your next BBQ party? Look no further than the Sunday Supper table:
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.