This nine ingredient Chili Cilantro Blender Hummus is a perfect – and easy! – snack or appetizer. Fresh cilantro and lime pair with red bell and crushed red peppers for a one-two sweet and heat combo punch.
Have you looked at your calendar lately? Today is the last day of April – how in the world did that happen? In midst of all of my newborn induced haze, I’m trying to figure out where the last seven weeks went. That means in just five short days, it’ll be one of my favorite food holidays, Cinco de Mayo! Sure, you might be reaching for the salsa and margaritas, but this year I’ve decided to add something new to the munchie mix.
Friends, there’s a new type of dippable delight on my fiesta menu in this Chili Cilantro Blender Hummus. Shove the store bought hummus tub to the side as you can create your own at home in just minutes! A handful of ingredients is dropped into a blender and whirled together until creamy and smooth. That’s all there is to it. Even better is that this recipe makes a party size amount which is also perfect for making enough to keep in the fridge for snacks during the week.
The key ingredient to making my hummus full of flavor for Cinco de Mayo or any day? This amazing Chili & Cilantro Dip from my friends at Robert Rothschild Farm. Fresh cilantro and lime pair with red bell and crushed red peppers for a one-two sweet and heat combo punch. The dip is blended within the hummus and then also adorns the top so that you’re able to control how much flavor you’d like in each bite. If your house is anything like mine, you’ll find yourself fighting over that pool of dip on the top because it’s just that good!
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Robert Rothschild Farm Chili & Cilantro Dip + additional for topping
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a blender carafe, add zest and juice of lemons and tahini and blend for 1 minute so that mixture is whipped and creamy.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt to blender and blend for 1 minute until well combined.
- Add half of garbanzo beans to blender and blend for one minute. Add remaining garbanzo beans, Chili & Cilantro Dip and water and blend an additional minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour hummus onto serving dish and garnish with additional Chili & Cilantro Dip and chopped cilantro and serve with your choice of vegetables and/or chips.
So grab your favorite dipper – I’m a bit partial to strips of red bell pepper – and your favorite drink. This Chili Cilantro Blender Hummus will put a bit of ole in your everyday!
Looking for more great Mexican inspired recipes?
More Mexican recipes from fellow food bloggers: