At our house, you know it’s fall when the first dozen Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins come out of the oven. The wafting scents of allspice and cloves signals that the weather is becoming more cool and it’s time to start wearing layers. Perfect for breakfast or an addition to a brunch buffet, you really can’t go wrong when these muffins are on the menu!
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in pumpkin and butter.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let rest in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer rack to cool.
- To insure muffins are uniform in size, I use a large cookie scoop.
This recipe yields nearly three dozen muffins. Don’t worry about halving the recipe – extra muffins freeze well for a quick breakfast on a busy morning!