Today we were supposed to have parent/teacher conferences at the girls’ school. And I was supposed to bring four dozen cookies for the teacher’s workroom for them to be able to snack on over the next two days.
And then they cancelled school. We got close to 2″ of very wet, lake effect snow last night which brought trees down on power lines and over 45,000 people without power. Thankfully we weren’t one of them, but the school was. So now my cookies sit in my freezer until they can be delivered tomorrow. It not only helps keep them fresh, but helps keep numerous pairs of hands out of them as well!
These soft baked Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies are divine. With each bite you’re rewarded with melty chocolate, decadent peanut butter, or if you’re lucky, both! The colors scream autumn which is what inspired me to create these in the first place. Pour yourself a glass of milk and reward yourself with a cookie fresh from the oven for a supreme treat.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces candy
- Cream together shortening, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add eggs, water and vanilla and beat together until fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces.
- Using a cookie sized scoop, form and drop dough onto baking sheet with silicone mat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.