Hands down my most favorite smoothie and the perfect choice for breakfast, lunch or anytime in between. Every member of our family enjoys this Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie and it couldn’t be easier.
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 banana
- 1-1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- Cut the ends off the grapefruit so you can see the pink flesh. Using that as a guide trim away the skin and the white pith until you have just the grapefruit flesh remaining.
- Place grapefruit and all other ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- A great blender is key! I use my Vitamix and after trimming my grapefruit, simply toss it in the blender whole and let it do the hard work.
- I prefer to use a frozen banana to ensure that my smoothie stays super cold for as long as possible. Sometimes this means I add an additional splash of orange juice to get the consistency I'm looking for.
You’ll never find a prettier – or more refreshing! – smoothie. I find it hard to share this one and usually drink the entire contents of the blender carafe myself!
Feel free to add additional nutritional ingredients to make it your own. At times I’ll add ground flax, chia seeds or even protein powder to insure I remain full until my next meal.