Cream cheese, salsa verde, onion and spices are added to the slow cooker to melt together. Two and a half hours later, cheese, tomatoes and cilantro are stirred in to create this crowd pleasing Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Corn Dip. Who knew just nine ingredients stirred together could taste so good?
Looking for an easy appetizer or snack idea for a festive New Year’s Eve in? My Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Corn Dip fits the bill and is sure to please! Low maintenance and able to be made ahead of time, you simply can’t ask more of this delicious dip!
Cream cheese, salsa verde, onion and spices are added to the slow cooker to melt together. Two and a half hours later, cheese, tomatoes and cilantro are stirred in to create this crowd pleasing dip. Who knew just nine ingredients stirred together could taste so good?
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Spray crock of slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add salsa verde, corn, onion, garlic, cumin and cream cheese to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours.
- Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, tomato and cilantro.
- Garnish with additional tomato and cilantro, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
This warm, creamy dip is perfectly paired with tortilla chips but if you’re looking for a healthier alternative, your favorite veggies would work just as well. Carrots, celery and even snap peas are all great choices as a vehicle for dip delivery to your eagerly awaiting mouth!
Rest assured this dip will be gracing my appetizer table this New Year’s Eve. It’s a hit with both adults and children alike and tends to disappear quite quickly. Lucky for you and me, this recipe is easily doubled and any leftovers reheat well.
Looking for other great appetizer recipes?