Marinated in honey and chili lime sauce, these Honey Lime Shrimp Skewers are one of the easiest things you’ll ever throw on your grill. Pair them with Cilantro Lime Rice and Chili Lime Black Bean and Corn Relish for a plate that screams Summer no matter what time of year it is outside.
I love winter. LOVE. Hands down my favorite season. Snow? Bring it. Staying inside where it’s warm and cozy? I’m down. But as much as I love the cold weather, there is one thing I miss about the warmer months. Eating outside on our patio. My husband is manning the grill, the menagerie is playing the backyard, I’m finishing up dinner prep – I miss everything about it. In an attempt to create this warm weather magic in the middle of January, these Honey Lime Shrimp Skewers found their way to our table this week and they absolutely did the trick. A bit of sweetness, a bit of spice and not a leftover anywhere in sight. I think my plan worked!
But wait! There’s more! While I was prepping the shrimp, I had time to create two side dishes that paired perfectly with the skewers and all feature the same Chili Lime Sauce. I love that even when using one key ingredient in three dishes, by bringing out a specific flavor in each, they each have a different flavor profile but work together perfectly.
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Robert Rothschild Farm Chili Lime Sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a food storage bag, combine all marinade ingredients.
- Add shrimp and insure that they are all cover with marinade.
- Remove excess air from bag and seal. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto skewers. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water while shrimp are marinading so they will not burn.)
- Wipe down grill grates with oil.
- Grill shrimp for two minutes on the first side, or until they begin to turn pink.
- Flip skewers over and grill an additional minute until shrimp are opaque.
This Chili Lime Black Bean and Corn Relish couldn’t be any easier as I have all of these ingredients on hand at all times. This is also a versatile side as I can see it being great served over chips or even adding it as a garnish to soups. I just may have done that last night!
- 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons Robert Rothschild Farm Chili Lime Sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a medium bowl, gently stir all ingredients together until combined.
Last but not least, Cilantro Chili Lime Sauce. Think of it as that amazingly addictive rice you get at your favorite restaurant – you know the one I’m talking about – but kicked up a notch. The cilantro gives this rice such a freshness that doesn’t seem to make it weigh so heavy in your belly after eating more than you should. Or so I’m told.
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white rice
- ¼ cup Robert Rothschild Farm Chili Lime Sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Add water, canola oil and salt to sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and reduce to a simmer until cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork and gently stir in Chili Lime Sauce, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create these recipes. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Robert Rothschild Farm’s Chili Lime Sauce is also available at Sam’s Club.