Rich and melty peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough is wrapped in a crisp egg roll wrapper and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Dipped in chocolate ganache, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls are the excuse you’ve been waiting for to enjoy cookie dough, bite after decadent bite.
One of the first restaurants we went to after moving to Madison had a bit of an eclectic menu. Great food that you weren’t going to find anywhere else. Their dessert menu was no different. One of my favorites? Their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. Talk about amazing!
I’ve always wanted to recreate this dessert at home and figured that as this week’s Sunday Supper theme was Stuff, Roll and Wrap, it was the perfect opportunity.
Melty peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough is wrapped in a crisp egg roll wrapper and sprinkled with powdered sugar. But I didn’t stop there! I paired these dessert egg rolls with a rich, chocolate ganache dipping sauce.
Besides being the epitomy of over the top decadence, they also couldn’t be easier to make. A scoop of eggless cookie dough is wrapped and then fried. Don’t believe me? Let me show you how!
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place a scoop of cookie dough near the bottom third of a wonton wrapper.
- Form dough into the shape of a log.
- Roll wrapper over dough to center of wrapper.
- Fold right side of wrapper to center.
- Fold left side of wrapper to center.
- Moisten top corner of wrapper with water and roll wrapper closed.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and water and mix until combined.
- Add flour and salt to bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips.
- Add one scoop of cookie dough to each wonton wrapper and roll as shown.
- Place wontons on a baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees in large saucepan.
- Fry wontons in small batches for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To make chocolate ganache dipping sauce, combine 2 cups chocolate chips and whipping cream in small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle wontons with powdered sugar and serve with chocolate ganache.
Any dessert that makes it okay for me to enjoy cookie dough is a winner in my book and these egg rolls do just that. Bite after decadent bite.
Looking for other dishes that are stuffed, wrapped or rolled? Check out these amazing dishes around the Sunday Supper table this week:
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Pierogie Shells by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Lemon and Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Rolled Greek Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Cabbage Venison Lettuce Wraps With Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All Things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Lemon Curd Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.