Small cubes of peaches are swirled throughout this batter along with a bit of heat from crushed red chili peppers. The small flecks of both throughout make for one gorgeous Hot Pepper & Peach Cornbread Muffin and the sweet heat that they bring to the table is amazing.
It’s no secret. I absolutely love cornbread. LOVE. As in, I will plan a meal around it and not the other way around. As in I may have made these Hot Pepper and Peach Cornbread Muffins this week and didn’t end up cooking dinner so instead I had a couple – okay, I had four! – for lunch and then put the rest in my freezer for another day.
I’m a sweet cornbread type of gal and these muffins fit the bill and then some. But take note, there’s no sugar in this recipe! No, sir! The key ingredient to this recipe is Robert Rothschild Farm’s Hot Pepper Peach Preserves. Small cubes of peaches are swirled throughout the batter along with a bit of heat from crushed red chili peppers. The small flecks of both throughout make for one gorgeous cornbread muffin and the sweet heat that they bring to the table is amazing.
(This is also likely why I ate four with little to no guilt afterwards.)
In fact, this was the first time in my existence that I didn’t slather butter onto my cornbread. Read, did NOT. Don’t come rushing to check if I’m feeling okay, these cornbread muffins are just that good on their own. I did however have a couple with extra Hot Pepper Peach Preserves on top. I happen to be in the “you can’t have too much of a good thing” camp.
To celebrate the upcoming release of their new catalog – of which this recipe will be featured! – the amazing people at Robert Rothschild Farm (Seriously you guys, love them. Love them, love their products.) are allowing me to host a giveaway the eight products I’ll be featuring in recipes through the rest of the month.
These are the awesome products that are up for grabs:
- Snickerkicker Coffee as featured in my Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Hot Pepper Peach Preserves as featured in this recipe
- Buffalo Bleu Cheese Dip as featured in my Buffalo Bleu Cheese Chicken Skewers
- Peach Mango Coconut Habanero Sauce as featured in my Sweet and Spicy Quinoa Fruit Salad
- Anna Mae’s Smoky Mustard as featured in my Sweet and Smoky Bacon Brat Burger
- Sweet Fig & Orange Spread as featured in my Fig Orange Marscapone Crostini
- Balsamic Caramelized Onion Spread as featured in my Balsamic Onion Prosciutto Crostini
- Artichoke & Aged Parmesan Spread as featured in my Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Crostini
See the box below for your chance to win.
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create a recipe featuring their product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.