Full of protein packed quinoa, orange bell pepper and roasted mango and peaches, this Sweet and Spicy Quinoa Fruit Salad is like an escape to a tropical island. A bit of sweet heat and a sprinkling of toasted coconut finish this salad that’s perfect to bring to your next get together.
It’s been hot this week. Like almost 90 degrees mid-May in Ohio hot. If you don’t know me well, I’ll be the first to tell you I get a bit disgruntled when the weather gets above 75. I do not like being hot. I do not like being out in the sun. Bah humbug to me, right? So when trying to figure out a side dish to serve for dinner earlier this week, I was trying to think of something that wouldn’t heat up the house any more than it already was and that I could maker earlier in the day and then serve from the fridge.
And, bingo! This Sweet and Spicy Quinoa Fruit Salad met all of my criteria. Full of protein packed quinoa, orange bell pepper and roasted mango and peaches, this salad is like an escape to a tropical island. But a cool, tropical island. Everything is tossed in Robert Rothschild Farm’s Peach Mango Coconut Habanero Sauce which provides a sweet heat. The kind of heat I like! The finishing touch? A sprinkling of toasted coconut.
I made this while my youngest two were eating lunch and then let the flavors come together in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving it at dinner. Warm or cold, side or main dish, this salad is a winner!
This would be a great salad to bring to a potluck or your next get together with friends as it doesn’t need to stay in the fridge and can be served at room temperature. Believe me, I don’t think any of your neighbors will be bringing this fruit salad to your block party!
But they should!
To celebrate the upcoming release of their new catalog – of which this recipe will be featured! – the amazing people at Robert Rothschild Farm (Seriously you guys, love them. Love them, love their products.) are allowing me to host a giveaway the eight products I’ll be featuring in recipes through the rest of the month.
These are the awesome products that are up for grabs:
- Snickerkicker Coffee as featured in my Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Hot Pepper Peach Preserves as featured in my Hot Pepper & Peach Cornbread Muffins
- Buffalo Bleu Cheese Dip as featured in my Buffalo Bleu Cheese Chicken Skewers
- Peach Mango Coconut Habanero Sauce as featured in this recipe
- Anna Mae’s Smoky Mustard as featured in my Sweet and Smoky Bacon Brat Burger
- Sweet Fig & Orange Spread as featured in my Fig Orange Marscapone Crostini
- Balsamic Caramelized Onion Spread as featured in my Balsamic Onion Prosciutto Crostini
- Artichoke & Aged Parmesan Spread as featured in my Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Crostini
See the box below for your chance to win.
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create a recipe featuring their product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.