A deliciously easy, one dish Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Skillet Cookie. An oatmeal cookie base is studded with sweet, dried cherries and chocolate chips. When baked until just set, you end up with a gooey, melty, amazing slice of goodness.
One of our favorite desserts is my Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie. I mean, really. Who says no to a giant cookie? Not only do I almost always have all ingredients on hand, I also love that it’s a one dish dessert. Everything is mixed and baked in a single pan. For a girl that despises dishes, this is a major coup. So I took it upon myself to create a new twist on our family favorite.
A delicious and equally easy Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Skillet Cookie. An oatmeal cookie base is studded with sweet, dried cherries and chocolate chips. When baked until just set, you end up with a gooey, melty, amazing slice of goodness.
I was nervous that my family turn up their nose to the notion of me adding fruit to one of our favorite sweet treats but I couldn’t have been more pleasantly surprised. We actually liked it just as much, if not better, than the original! That says a lot!
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon alt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 10″ iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir eggs into butter and sugar mixture. Stir in flour, oats baking soda, and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until beginning to brown, but still soft in the center.
- Served topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
And of course a warm, deep dish cookie slice calls for a large scoop of ice cream to adorn the top!
Looking for more great cookie recipes?
More cookie recipes from fellow food bloggers: