A tower of grilled pound cake slices layered with sweet, roasted strawberries makes this a memorable finish to your meal. Topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, these Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries is the perfect Spring dessert.
With it being Father’s Day, it’s only appropriate that this week’s Sunday Supper theme is Man Food. Cooking for my husband is something I always enjoy, especially when I’m able to put my own spin on it. This past week I’ve shared the Grilled Barbecue Bacon Meatloaf Sandwiches I created with him in mind as well as the Angel Food Cake S’mores Skewers for last week’s Sunday Supper.
Today I’ve created another dessert featuring strawberries – we can’t get enough! – but put a guy spin on it by grilling and roasting the two main components.
Slices of pound cake are grilled to create the perfect base for my Grilled Pound Cakes with Roasted Strawberries. As their name implies, they are then layered with super sweet, roasted strawberries. The entire stack is then topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This is definitely a man sized dessert – three slices of cake with close to two cups of strawberries! I literally laughed out loud when our four year old thought that this was the appropriate serving size for her. In her dreams!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour and salt, mixing until just moistened.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for one hour or until browned and skewer inserted removes cleanly.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a foil lined baking sheet, arrange strawberries in a single layer. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice cake into ½" thick slices. Brush melted butter onto each side and grill until grill marks are visible.
- To assemble, place one piece of cake on a serving plate. Top with approximately ½ cup of strawberries. Repeat twice. Top the entire stack with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Looking for additional Man Food themed recipes? Look no further than our Sunday Supper table!
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.