Say good-bye to your typical pie and say hello to this Blueberry Balsamic Chicken Meatball Pizza. An easy homemade crust and from scratch chicken meatballs star alongside baby arugula, blueberries and Parmesan on this one of a kind pizza.
When we head to our favorite local pizzaria, I’m never one to go for a typical slice. Pepperoni? Veggie? I can get both of those delivered to my house any day of the week. I’d rather have something more interesting! Luckily our six year old has my sense of adventure and we usually split a pie while the other three go the more traditional route.
So when my friends at Robert Rothschild Farm sent me one of their new organic gourmet sauces, my first thought was pizza! This Blueberry Balsamic Sauce is out of this world. As in, I unscrewed the top and stuck a spoon in for a taste test and I might’ve had two or three spoonfuls instead. Such a great flavor combination!
The sauce easily replaces a typical red sauce that you’d find on a pizza. A homemade crust and chicken meatballs are the star of this pie that is also topped with arugula, Parmesan cheese and blueberries.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Perfect Pizza Crust
- ¾ cup Robert Rothschild Farm Blueberry Balsamic Sauce
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 16 chicken meatballs
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Roll into 1" balls and place onto parchment lined baking sheet. To create meatballs quickly, I use a tablespoon scoop.
- Cook 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Create perfect pizza crust and top with Blueberry Balsamic Sauce before baking in a 450 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and top with arugula, meatballs, blueberries and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are warmed through.
- If desired, top with additional cheese and Blueberry Balsamic Sauce before serving.
Say good-bye to the typical and welcome this amazing pizza to your dinner table. In the same amount of time it would take you to call for delivery you can enjoy this Blueberry Balsamic Chicken Meatball Pizza instead. Kind of no brainer, don’t you think?
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create a recipe featuring their product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.