Forget your typical pot roast! This Slow Cooker Gingersnap Pot Roast not only takes minimal time to prepare but the end result is anything but ordinary. A gingersnap crusted roast is cooked over a bed of sweet potatoes and carrots. The end result? A bit sweet, a bit spicy and definitely a meal that will have your family asking for seconds!
It’s raining, grey and the temperature isn’t supposed to reach 70 degrees today. The perfect day for a comforting pot roast, don’t you think? And really, what would Slow Cooking Through Summer Week be without a pot roast? That’s what I thought!
Roasts are one of my favorite meals to cook in the slow cooker as you put them in in the morning and come dinner time, not only does your house smell absolutely divine, but you end up with the most tender piece of meat ever. So good!
Looking to shake things up a bit when pot roast makes it’s next appearance on your meal plan? This is the recipe for you! With minimal prep, this new spin on an otherwise traditional dish is sure to be a hit. The secret ingredient? Cookies!
A large gingersnap crusted pot roast is cooked over a bed of sweet potatoes and carrots. The end result? A bit sweet, a bit spicy and definitely a meal that will have your family asking for seconds!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cut in 1" slices
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.5 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 gingersnaps, crumbled
- Place sweet potatoes, carrots and bay leaf in slow cooker.
- Place roast on top of vegetables and pour water and vinegar over roast.
- Sprinkle pepper flakes and gingersnaps over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- transfer meat and vegetables to platter, rmoving bay leaf.
- Skim fat from gravy and then stir to combine. Ladle over roast and vegetables.
This is definitely a meal for a 6 quart slow cooker as it’ll be close to full after adding all of the vegetables and meat. Make sure that you arrange everything so that your lid seals completely!