Easiest ever? Absolutely! With just four ingredients, these Strawberry Basil Margaritas take just minutes to create. A pitcher and a wooden spoon are the only items necessary to have drinks at the ready to toast the end of Summer.
Labor Day Weekend?! How can it be? I feel like Memorial Day was just a few weeks ago and here we are bidding adieu to Summer and the cooler days ahead. Let’s make the most of these last few days of August shall we? Grab a pitcher and a wooden spoon because that’s all you’ll need to make these Easiest Ever Strawberry Basil Margaritas.
The idea for these margaritas came about as my sister-in-law is moving into her new house this weekend. As I’m unable to help – Hello, three small children are NOT conducive to moving! – I figured the least I could do is make a large pitcher of drinks for her to enjoy and share with friends who are helping schlep her belongings from point A to point B.
What says thank you for your help in 90 degree temps like a frosty glass filled with a refreshing beverage?
The best part is that I had a pitcher made and chilling in the fridge in less than 10 minutes. And it only took that long as I added fresh basil and strawberries to the finished product to make it even prettier. Not necessary, but so worth it!
The reason why it takes only minutes to stir together is that I used a jar of Robert Rothschild Farm’s Strawberry Lime Basil Fruit Spread as the main flavor component. Melted to a liquid consistency, it becomes a simple syrup of sorts. Then you’re simply adding limeade concentrate, water and tequila for a drink that’s sure to please!
- 10.5 ounces Robert Rothschild Farm Strawberry Lime Basil Fruit Spread
- 12 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cans water
- 1 can tequila
- fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
- basil leaves (optional)
- In a microwave safe dish, add fruit spread. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue microwaving in 1 minute increments until completely melted and smooth. Add to pitcher.
- Add limeade concentrate, water and tequila to pitcher and stir.
- If desired, add fresh strawberries and basil leaves to pitcher for garnish.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours before serving.
So what do you say? Salt the rim of a few glasses and serve. Enjoy these last few days of Summer to the fullest with the Easiest Ever Strawberry Basil Margaritas.
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create a recipe featuring their product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.