These Barbecue Bacon Peach Chicken Turnovers are full of flavor, yet easy enough for any weeknight. Flaky pillows of puff pastry are stuffed with chicken, bacon, cheddar and roasted peaches that are stirred together with a bourbon barbecue sauce.
It’s like the summer, handheld version of chicken pot pie. That statement alone should have you running to the kitchen to make these Barbecue Bacon Peach Chicken Turnovers. Better yet? They’re so easy to make that even though our four month refuses to nap and wants to be held non-stop in the late afternoon, I was still able to get dinner on the table without any problem.
This recipe can be broken down into individual components making it easy to create. During breakfast, I put chicken into the slow cooker. Before lunch, I put the peaches into the oven to roast. While my oldest three were eating their afternoon snack, I put the bacon into the oven. Then when it was time to make dinner, everything was stirred together. Totally doable!
Flaky pillows of puff pastry are stuffed with chicken, bacon, cheddar and roasted peaches that are stirred together with a bourbon barbecue sauce. Yes, you read that correctly. Bourbon barbecue sauce. The same barbecue sauce that I used to create my Grilled Barbecue Bacon Meatloaf Sandwich. If my friends at Robert Rothschild farm were to ever decide to sell their Sweet & Spicy Bourbon BBQ Sauce in large drums, I’d be the first in line to buy one. Tomatoes, mustard, spices, honey and a splash of bourbon combine in this wonderfully flavorful sauce. Love the note of spice and how it’s completely noticeable yet not overpowering whatsoever.
- 4 peaches, pitted and cut into ½" wedges
- 1.5 pounds cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 8 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 ounces Robert Rothschild Farm Sweet & Spicy Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 2 17.25-ounce packages frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peaches on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until softened and fork tender.
- In a large bowl, stir together peaches, chicken, bacon, cheese and ¾ bottle of bbq sauce.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet in half to form 8 rectangles and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Dividing evenly, top half of each rectangle with the chicken mixture.
- Brush inside edge of puff pastry with egg and fold over filling. Crimp the three open edges with fork to seal and brush top of each turnover with egg.
- Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with remaining bbq sauce for dipping.
Looking for an even quicker way to get dinner on the table? The filling can be made the day before and then refrigerated before stuffing the puff pastry.
Regardless of when you make it, do yourself a favor and add these Barbecue Bacon Peach Chicken Turnovers to your menu plan soon. You’ll definitely look the part of a kitchen super hero when these are served.
Looking for more great barbecue recipes?
Additional barbecue recipes from fellow food bloggers:
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create a recipe featuring their product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.