Looking for the dreamiest cookie to fill your cookie jar with? Look no further than my Mocha Caramel Butterfinger Cookies. A chewy, chocolatey cookie spiked with coffee and studded with caramel and Butterfinger candy bars.
I’ve got to admit I’ve been holding out on you. I’ve had these Mocha Caramel Butterfinger Cookies photographed and eagerly awaiting to be shared for nearly two months. I’m so sorry! I didn’t want to give you cookie overload in December so I decided to wait to give them their moment in the spotlight until you decided that eating all those leafy greens in January wasn’t any fun anymore. So, if you’re ready for cookies, these are the ones for you!
These cookies are every bit as dreamy as they look. In fact, in one week, I made over NINE dozen of them – three dozen for our family and the other six dozen for teachers at our school. I made them not only for our children’s current teachers but for those that we’ve had the past two years as well. What can I say, I’m getting sappy over the fact that we’re going to have to tell them all goodbye at the end of the school year when we move. Everyone loved them and they were all gone in a blink of an eye. If that doesn’t say you need to drop everything and head to the kitchen now, well, I’m not sure what’s wrong with you!
A chewy, chocolatey cookie spiked with coffee is then studded with bits of caramel and pieces of Butterfinger candy bars. Dreamy, right? Especially when you’re using the best of the best ingredients. Two of my most used kitchen ingredients, vanilla extract and baking cocoa, are the stars of this show. And not just any off the shelf brand, thankyouverymuch. I’m a snob and only use Rodelle products in my kitchen and I go through them quickly! In fact, I have the cocoa on an Amazon subscription and just ordered a bottle of vanilla as I thought I was running low. I swear I don’t know how our mother’s and grandmother’s got along without online shopping when they had small children. It’s such a lifesaver!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Stir instant coffee into hot water until dissolved and add to bowl with eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda until just combined.
- Stir in Butterfinger Baking Bits and caramel bits until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and beginning to brown.
- Let cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
Ready to get these Mocha Caramel Butterfinger Cookies in the oven? I thought so! Great minds think alike, my friends.
I received product from Rodelle to feature in this recipe. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.