Brighten your plate and your taste buds with this dynamic duo of ingredients Avoid chicken burnout and awaken your weekly menu plan with this Chicken with Roasted Lemons and Green Olives.
Our family loves chicken. Or maybe I should say, I love chicken so thus I feed my family large amounts of it. With that being the case, I’m always looking for a way to shake things up so that we avoid the dreaded chicken burnout. New ingredients and unexpected flavor combinations are always an easy way to make that happen. This Chicken with Roasted Lemons and Green Olives happens to have both!
Isn’t it pretty? Sure it looks high class, but it couldn’t be easier to pull together. In no time you’ll have a super flavorful and easy dinner on the table. Entertaining? This dish is a great main course option for guests as well!
Bright slices of sunshine yellow lemon are roasted to bring a bit of sweetness to their typically tongue puckering taste. And the olives? These aren’t the tart Spanish olives that you’re likely accustomed to. These green California olives are smooth and almost buttery. A little salty, a bit nutty and the perfect compliment to the lemon.
- 3 lemons
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 oz. can Lindsay Green Ripe California Medium Pitted Olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut two lemons, ends trimmed, into twelve ¼" slices. Arrange in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast until lightly browned around edges, 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Set aside.
- Place ¼ cup flour in a shallow bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper and coat with flour, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook 30 seconds. Add ¼ cup chicken broth and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in remaining tablespoon flour; cook until just staring to brown, about 30 seconds. Add ¼ cup broth, whisking until combined. Add remaining broth, olives, and zest and juice from third lemon. Return chicken to skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook chicken, turning once, until opaque throughout, 8-10 minutes. Add roast lemons slices and stir to coat.
Wake up your weekly menu with this chicken dish. One that will awaken your taste buds and leave you marveling at the dynamic duo of lemons and olives.
I was provided product by Lindsay Olives to create this recipe, however all thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own.