Layer upon layer of flavor make this grilled cheese sandwich anything but ordinary. Honey glazed peaches, roasted pork tenderloin and melty puddles of blue cheese housed between two toasted pieces of wheat bread. This grilled cheese is a sandwich you’d be proud to serve to guests but one you’d want to savor all for yourself.
National Grilled Cheese Month?! Well, hello there April! I think I love you just a bit more! If you bring some warmer weather my way, I’ll be down right smitten! The grilled cheese sandwich is quite popular in our home thanks in part to the three little ones that live under our roof. In fact, it’s likely tied with the ever popular Peanut Butter and Jelly as sandwich most selected for lunch by our four year old.
Today’s Sunday Supper theme is Celebrating National Grilled Cheese Month. To help celebrate, I decided to make a grown-up grilled cheese full of my favorite flavors including Gallo Family Vineyards‘ Moscato. Sure, I can make a sandwich with two pieces of bread and a slice of cheese any day but I was on a mission to make a grilled cheese sandwich that would stand out from the crowd. One that would be nice enough to even serve to guests. Lucky for me, I think I succeeded!
Layer upon layer of flavor, starting with a pork tenderloin that’s simply seasoned with salt and pepper and oven roasted. Couldn’t be more simple. And while it’s roasting you have plenty of time to make the honey glazed peaches. Hands down my favorite part of this sandwich! Well, except for maybe the melted puddles of blue cheese within the crevices of pork and peaches. What am I thinking? I love it all – each and every bite.
Slices of peaches are simmered in a bubbling concoction of honey, coriander, peach preserves and Moscato wine. Yes, wine! A grown-up grilled cheese deserves a grown-up taste, don’t you think? And this Moscato wine? An absolutely perfect choice. It’s bursting with peach, honey and citrus flavors and almost seems that it was created especially for this recipe.
I mentioned this grilled cheese was grown-up enough to serve to guests and that’s exactly what I did. I loved sharing these sandwiches with Andy’s dad when he was visiting last weekend. Blue cheese lovers unite! Such a great combination of sweet, spicy and creamy. I can’t wait to make these again and soon. Who wants to come visit?
Want to add even more amazing grilled cheese recipes to your arsenal? Look no further than our Sunday Supper table!
- Apple, Prosciutto and Gruyere Grilled Cheese by Hip Foodie Mom
- Berry Chocolate Panini Sandwich with Wine Reduction Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Brie, Ham, and Blackberry Grilled Cheese by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cafe Zinfandel Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese by In The Kitchen With KP
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Arugula Grilled Cheese by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- French Onion Grilled Cheese by Family Foodie
- Funky Monkey Grilled Cheese Sammie by The Messy Baker
- Greek Salad Grilled Cheese by Ruffles & Truffles
- Grilled Cheese & Bison Sandwiches by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Goat Cheese w/ Tomatoes & Tarragon on Olive Bread by girlichef
- Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote by Desserts Required
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Honey Glazed Peach and Pork Tenderloin Grilled Cheese by Melanie Makes
- Kentucky Hot Brown Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese by The Dinner-Mom
- Mushroom Duxelles & Asparagus Grilled Cheese by Foxes Love Lemons
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Grilled Cheese by Alida’s Kitchen
- Roast Beef Horseradish Arugula Grilled Cheese by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Olive Grilled Cheese by Neighborfood
To find a store near you that carries the Moscato that I used in this recipe or any other wine that they produce, use their helpful store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.