These soft and chewy Double Peanut Butter Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies are absolutely loaded with flavor. Peanut butter, peanut butter cups, chocolate chips and crumbled bacon all lend to the sweet and smoky flavor of these treats.
Looking for a great treat for the guy in your life, especially with Father’s Day just around the corner? Something tells me these Double Peanut Butter Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies will be a welcome site in the cookie jar!
Granted, I did have to fess up to raiding my husband’s mini peanut butter cup stash after creating these. Working in my favor was the fact that this recipe creates four dozen cookies so he can simply enjoy them in cookie form until I buy him some more.
Four dozen? YES! And I’m in and out of the kitchen in no time thanks to my Thanks to my beautiful, stainless steel gas range from GE. As I’ve mentioned previously with my Cake Mix Cookies recipe, the multi-rack convection feature allows me to bake two dozen cookies at once. Such a time saver!
These soft and chewy cookies are absolutely loaded with flavor. Peanut butter, peanut butter cups, chocolate chips and crumbled bacon all lend to the sweet and smoky flavor of these treats. I also chose to utilize bacon drippings to insure that without a doubt, you’d taste bacon in each and every bite. Mission accomplished!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup bacon drippings
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together peanut butter, bacon drippings, shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, hot water and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, salt and baking soda until just combined.
- Stir in crumbled bacon, peanut butter cups and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and beginning to brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
So what do you say? How about surprising a guy in your life – or actually any of your favorite bacon loving someones! – with a dozen of these cookies sometime soon?
Looking for more great cookie recipes?
More cookie recipes from fellow food bloggers:
Disclosure : I received this range free of charge from GE, however all thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own.