These Peanut Butter Banana Bacon Pancakes taste as good as they sound, especially when topped with Peanut Butter Maple Syrup! Flapjacks flavored with banana and melted peanut butter and then studded with bacon. You’ll wish it was breakfast all day long!
I’ve mentioned before that breakfast is a popular meal at our house, especially for dinner. And breakfast carbohydrates? They’re always sure to please! Especially of said breakfast carbs are loaded with everyone’s favorite flavors.
Each month, Melissa of Lulu the Baker, and I use the same three ingredients in a recipe and share them on the same day. This month, Melissa selected our specified ingredients and went with flour, eggs and bananas. I immediately thought of peanut butter. To me, nothing pairs better with banana than peanut butter!
And what could be more perfect than peanut butter and banana paired together in pancakes? Well, nothing except for the addition of bacon! The sweet and the salty together is simply perfection.
But wait, there’s more! These pancakes are garnished with sliced bananas and sprinkled with additional crumbled bacon. Did I mention that they are then drizzled with peanut butter maple syrup? It’s absolute breakfast nirvana – any time of day!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup peanut butter, melted
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ peanut butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center of dry mixture and add milk, egg, vanilla, bananas, peanut butter and bacon. Stir until just combined.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and pour ⅓ cup batter onto heated griddle for each pancake.
- When bubbles no longer appear on pancake surface, flip to cook other side until lightly browned.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add maple syrup and peanut butter. Microwave on high one minute, stirring to combine.
- Garnish pancakes with additional sliced bananas and crumbled bacon, if desired.
So what do you say to a plate piled high with this new breakfast of champions? Believe me, you want to say yes!
Don’t forget to check out Melissa’s recipe to see what she made with the same three ingredients. You can check out her recipe, here.
Looking for more great pancake recipes?
More pancake recipes from fellow food bloggers: