These Peach Granita Sundaes are the perfect end of Summer dessert. Water, sugar, peaches and Riesling wine take a spin in a blender before being poured into a pan and ushered to the freezer. The final touch? Serving this icy, peach goodness over a scoop of ice cream.
Sniff, sniff. Today marks our last full week of Summer vacation as the girls start school on Tuesday. I’m feeling a bit clueless as I have no clue where our Summer has gone or what we did for the past 11 weeks. And since I just had to go to my calendar to count how many weeks we’ve had of Summer vacation, I feel even more clueless. 11 weeks? What kept us so busy for 11 weeks?
The great thing about going back to school is that means Labor Day is just around the corner which means a shortened school week – I like to ease into things – and of course, one last opportunity to send Summer out in style. I have grand plans of having friends over, making a fire in the fire pit and watching our kids run around in the back yard while the adults enjoy Peach Granita Sundaes.
I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a bottle of Gallo Family’s new Riesling wine that they introduced last month. It definitely didn’t disappoint! It’s as if they managed to bottle Summer with notes of honeysuckle, juicy peach, pear and ripe citrus. I instantly thought of the two remaining Oregold peaches in my fridge and how amazing they would go together and combined them into the easiest and most delicious Summer treat ever.
Water, sugar, peaches and Riesling wine take a spin in a blender before being poured into a pan and ushered to the freezer. It’s a hands off approach for the rest of the process as the only effort needed is to rake a fork across the mixture every so often as it freezes. The final touch? Serving this icy, peach goodness over a scoop of ice cream. The perfect end of Summer dessert.
- ½ bottle of Gallo Family Reisling Wine
- 2 peaches, pitted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- In a blender, add wine, peaches, sugar and water. Blend until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a metal baking dish and place in freezer.
- After one hour, rake top of mixture with fork, scraping ice crystals into middle of dish.
- Repeat this process every hour for the next three hours.
- To assemble, add two scoops of raspberry sherbet to glass and top with scoop of granita and slices of fresh peaches, if desired.
Looking for more great peach recipes?
Looking for additional recipes perfect for Labor Day entertaining?
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Click here for even more recipes for your Labor Day entertaining needs.
Click here for a $1 off coupon your next bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards wine.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.