Forget the processed cheese sauce! My Ultimate Stadium Nachos use a chardonnay wine to create this creamy cheese sauce that’s served alongside your favorite chips. To give a more smoky taste to this gameday treat, charred fresh jalapenos bedazzle the top of each bite.
Hello. My name is Melanie and I’m addicted to nachos. You think I’m joking, don’t you? Definitely not! I don’t make light of any situation involving my favorite game day food.
Any trip made to a stadium involves me snagging some nachos from the concession stand before making my way to my seat. I know the three sizes – and differences between each – offered by the professional baseball team in town. And the pro football game I attended last December in sub-zero temperatures? I ate my nachos with gloved hands. (And quickly so the cheese sauce didn’t freeze.)
Speaking of cheese, don’t you dare try to serve me nachos with shredded cheese on top. No, thank you! I prefer a cheese sauce that will get into every nook and cranny of my salty chips. I also love my nachos topped with jalapenos. My preferred ration being one jalapeno per chip. I told you I wasn’t joking about my nacho love!
I’ll admit though, nachos with a processed cheese sauce might not be the most good-for-you option on game day. Even if they are the most delicious! So I took it upon myself to create my own Ultimate Stadium Nachos. Ultimate not for the amount of toppings piled up on top. Those are the type of nachos that are suitable in a restaurant, but not when you’re constantly up and down cheering for your team.
No, my nachos are ultimate in that the cheese sauce doesn’t come from a can of questionable origins. Instead, I chose to make my own sauce spiked with Gallo Family Vineyards Chardonnay wine. The rich fruit and lush texture of this wine truly compliment this creamy cheese sauce. I also said good-bye to the jarred jalapenos that normally bedazzle the top of my nachos and instead topped mine with charred, fresh jalapenos to lend a more smoky taste to my dish.
- 3 jalapenos
- 6 oz. Gallo Family Vineyards Charonnay
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- On a foil lined tray, broil jalapenos for 10 minutes until beginning to char.
- Turn peppers over and broil an additional 5 minutes.
- Put peppers in zip top bag and seal for 5 minutes.
- With tines of a fork, scrape char from peppers and slice. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add wine and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in cream until heated through.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses, flour, cumin and chili powder.
- Whisk cheese into cream and wine until melted and combined.
- Serve alongside chips topped with jalapeno peppers.
I love that I’m now able to tailgate at home and enjoy stadium style nachos anytime I’d like without the costs associated with a ticket to a game. Lucky me and now, lucky you!
Looking for additional recipes perfect for game day whether at the stadium or at home? Look no further than our Sunday Supper table:
- Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Basil and Sundried Tomato Hummus by Ruffles & Truffles
- Braided Stromboli by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Braised Brats with Apples and Onions by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken and Chorizo Nachos by Family Foodie
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Greek Style Grilled Wings with Yogurt Dill Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mini Caprese Polenta Pizzas by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mini Chorizo and Cheese Quiches by Magnolia Days
- Pizza Rolls by Momma’s Meals
- Ricotta Toasts with Tomatoes by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili by Jelly Toast
- Spicy Grilled Clams in Foil by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Strawberry Mint Red Moscato Sangria by Feed Me, Seymour
- Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Dip with Za’atar Chips by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Ultimate Stadium Nachos by Melanie Makes
- Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Click here for a $1 off coupon your next bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards wine.
To find the perfect wine to pair with your next BBQ main dish or sides, click here.
To find a store near you that carries Gallo Family Vineyards wine, use their helpful store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.