Whether you’re serving them as a special holiday breakfast or giving them as a one of a kind homemade gift, these Gingerbread Yogurt Waffles with Powdered Sugar Glaze are a memorable treat. Waffles spiked with the warming holiday flavors of cinnamon and ginger emerge from a waffle iron and then are doused in a stream of white powdered sugar glaze.
There’s nothing that makes my 4 year old happier than when I announce I’m making waffles. Seriously. The giddy joy that erupts from her body is contagious. And these Gingerbread Yogurt Waffles with Powdered Sugar Glaze? They’re enough to make anyone giddy.
Waffles spiked with the warming holiday flavors of cinnamon and ginger emerge from a waffle iron and then are doused in a stream of white sugar. What’s not to love? These waffles are special enough to serve at any holiday brunch or even as a one of a kind dessert, let alone making any breakfast a memorable occasion.
Even better? They’re easy to serve to a crowd when using my Professional Double Waffle Maker from Waring Pro. I’ve sung the praises of this amazing appliance before when I created my Chocolate Yogurt Waffles. Instead of spending all morning in the kitchen making waffles for our family, I’m easily able to get everyone fed in record time because I’m making two waffles at once! Friends, this appliance is absolutely life changing. I don’t joke about things like this! When I have to quadruple a recipe to feed our extended family of 8 breakfast for the holidays, you know I mean business about waffles!
If you work at my daughters’ school, this is where you need to stop reading…
These Gingerbread Yogurt Waffles are so special, that with the addition of a Minted Holiday Ornament Card, they’re becoming holiday gifts for the girls’ teachers. I simply added all of the dry ingredients to a mason jar and then tied the card around the neck with baker’s twine along with a tag tucked behind the card that details additional ingredients required and cooking instructions.
Please note, this has all been done before December 1st which means it was an EASY project. This time of year, I’m all about easy!
Even better? This great holiday ornament card also happens to coordinate with our family’s holiday card and matching address labels from Minted. Win, win, win! I’ve always loved Minted’s products because they’re different from what you can find elsewhere. Classic, modern and so my style. I’ve fallen even more in love with them after this project.
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- Whisk flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a large bowl to combine.
- Make well in center and add melted butter, molasses, milk, yogurt and eggs. Stir to combine, just until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray. Ladle approximately ½ cup batter onto waffle iron and close.
- Cook until waffle is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Add additional milk necessary to make a pourable consistency.
- Serve over waffles.
So now you’ve not only got an amazing idea for a holiday breakfast, but it doubles as a quick and easy holiday gift idea for so many on your list!
Looking for even more delicious holiday gifts? I’ve partnered with five other food bloggers to bring you even more ways to Bake Your Holiday Gifts:
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix | The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Toasted Pecan Pie Crust Mix | Frugal Foodie Mama
- Gingerbread Yogurt Waffles with Powdered Sugar Glaze | Melanie Makes
- Easy Cherry Pie Thumbprint Cookies | Pint Sized Baker
- Candy Cane Swirl Cookies | Clarks Condensed
- How to Throw a Cookie and Cocoa Party | Juggling Act Mama
I received a shopping credit from Minted to feature their product within this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.