Easy oven baked meatballs are spiked with garlic, ginger and cilantro before being adorned with an amazingly flavorful chili garlic sauce. These Chili Garlic Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for game day, a holiday or any day of the week!
Appetizer season continues! First with the holidays, then with all of the bowl games and then in just a few weeks, the Super Bowl. Nobody thinks twice when they see you filling your plate full of bite sized treats. Even if they see you doing so more than once as they’ve likely already done the same thing. It’s definitely a win/win situation!
And apparently I have a bit of a meatball issue. This Chili Garlic Meatballs appetizer makes my ninth meatball recipe on Melanie Makes. I’ve shared with you Sharp Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf Meatballs, Meatball Poutine, Four Cheese Meatball and Sweet Pepper Lasagna, Easy Baked Meatballs, Blueberry Balsamic Chicken Meatball Pizza, Porcupine Meatballs, Moscato Meatball Skewers and Thai Chili Peanut Meatballs. I am apparently to meatballs as Forrest Gump is to shrimp. Totally blaming that on my husband as he absolutely loves them.
This Super Bowl worthy appetizer is a spin off of my Easy Baked Meatballs as they’re spiced with ginger, garlic and cilantro. While they’re in the oven, baking to perfection, an easy five ingredient chili garlic sauce is stirred together on your stove top. The end result? An amazingly flavorful meatball that’s sure to have your friends missing a few downs of the big game to refill their plate.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add all meatball ingredients. Stir to combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, create meatballs and place on parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add rice wine vinegar and sugar and simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in chili garlic sauce, corn starch and water and cook until thickened.
- To serve, top each meatball with chili garlic sauce and additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
Looking for other appetizers to round out your Super Bowl spread? I’ve teamed up with 15 other amazing food bloggers who are also sharing some amazing recipes to nosh on. Not only that, but we’ve partnered together to give one of our lucky readers a $200 Amazon gift card to plan a touchdown worth Super Bowl party!
See the giveaway form below for your chance to enter. Be patient as at times, it takes a bit to load. Good luck!