Thick and chewy and exploding with the flavors of fall, these White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies are an instant favorite. These cookies are studded with three cups worth of mix-ins meaning it’s impossible to take a bite without a chocolate, fruit or a nut piece in it!
Keeping the cookie jar full in our house is quite the task as cookies seem to vanish quite quickly. When the baby starts eating cookies and I’m trying to keep six of us stocked with sweet treats I might really be in trouble! As yesterday was the first day of fall and we had the day off of school – a perfectly happy accident! – I decided it was the perfect time to fill the jar with a seasonal variety, these White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies.
Although homemade chocolate chip cookies will always hold the top spot in my heart, when the seasons change, there’s nothing like a new flavor in the cookie jar to keep things interesting! I saw this variety at a local store and instead of going the easy route and simply purchasing them, I knew I wanted to make my own version at home. And I’m so glad that I did!
Thick and chewy and exploding with the flavors of fall, these White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies are an instant favorite. These cookies are studded with three cups worth of mix-ins meaning it’s impossible to take a bite without a chocolate, fruit or a nut piece in it. Definitely my type of cookie! And fresh out of the oven? They’re insanely delicious. Believe me, I took one for the team and tasted several that way to maintain quality control. (Wink, wink!)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I prefer the Rodelle brand)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, hot water and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, salt and baking soda until just combined.
- Stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and beginning to brown.
- Let cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
I made these just yesterday and I already spy the bottom of the cookie jar as they’ve disappeared so quickly! Looks like making another batch of cookies has scored a spot on today’s to-do list as well. You’ll want to make sure it finds it’s way onto yours, too!
Looking for more great brownie recipes?
More cookie recipes from fellow food bloggers: