These Sticky Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Thighs are first browned on the stovetop before being finished in the oven. The end result? Crispy skinned goodness that’s then shellacked with a five ingredient, sticky sweet glaze. Winner winner, chicken dinner, indeed!
When I was testing this Sticky Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Thighs recipe, I knew I was onto something when I went to retrieve my menagerie from resting/nap time. As soon as I opened the door to the big girls’ room, my second born was immediately questioning me as to what I was making and if it was going to be dinner. Apparently as the amazing smells from the kitchen had wafted upstairs, it had made her ravenous!
Lucky for her, these Sticky Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Thighs were indeed our dinner that evening and likely will be again quite soon as it was loved by all six of us from my husband down to the baby who was shrieking at me as I cut hers into bite size pieces prior to serving her. Apparently I wasn’t cutting fast enough. She’s very demanding, that fourth child of mine.
Chicken thighs are first browned on the stovetop before being finished in the oven. The end result? Crispy skinned goodness that’s then shellacked with a five ingredient, sticky sweet glaze. Winner winner, chicken dinner, indeed! The key ingredient to that heavenly glaze? Robert Rothschild Farm’s Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Sauce. A savory combination of red wine and garlic adds to the versatility of this tomato based sauce that puts the spotlight on the roasted red peppers. When mixed with honey, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic, you’ll soon be asking yourself what else you can pour this glaze on!
SIDE NOTE: My Le Creuset braiser was perfect for this recipe as not only was it the perfect size but it also goes from stovetop to oven with easy. But the reason why I reach for this piece for numerous recipes? It’s incredibly easy to clean! The sticky glaze in this recipe was no match and I was able to easily wipe the dish clean with minimal effort after dinner.
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, approximately 3 pounds
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup Robert Rothschild Farm Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- red pepper slices and chopped parsley, to garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degress.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together honey, Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and garlic.
- Place chicken thighs in 9x13 dish and pour approximately ¼ cup of honey mixture of thighs, coating each on both sides. Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Place chicken thighs skin side down and cook until brown, approximately five minutes. Flip chicken and brown on second side.
- Remove chicken from heat and pour ½ cup of honey mixture over chicken thighs and place in oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes of until chicken is cooked through and juices run through.
- Meanwhile, heat honey mixture over low heat and simmer until thickened. Pour over chicken after removing from oven. If desired, garnish with red pepper slices and chopped parsley.
As much as I don’t want to think about it, these Sticky Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Thighs will be a perfect quick and easy meal when school starts in a couple of weeks. I’m all about easy meals that require minimal effort but yet pack maximum flavor in each bite. This recipe definitely checks all three boxes!
Looking for more great chicken recipes?
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create a recipe featuring their product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.