These Chicken Reuben Sheet Pan Nachos are the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day or any other day when easy comfort food is required. Layers of tortilla chips, chicken, corned beef, sauerkraut, red onions, cherry tomatoes and melty Swiss cheese are drizzled with a homemade thousand island dressing.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
This is the third year in a row that I’m sharing a reuben inspired recipe with you. Last year, it was my Reuben Waffle Fries. The year before that, my Best Reuben Casserole. You’d think at this point that I loved reuben sandwiches, right? Incorrect! In fact, it’s my husband that has a love for all things Irish food, especially reubens. Me? I’m just over here trying to find new ways for him to enjoy them. Gold star for this wife, right? This year I took a selfish approach and created a mashup of his beloved sandwich and my love for nachos with these Chicken Reuben Sheet Pan Nachos.
Perfect as an appetizer, snack or main dish, these nachos are hearty and can feed a crowd. My secret to great sheet pan nachos? Lots of layers! Instead of single layers of each ingredient, I layer half of each ingredient and then repeat so that I’m maximizing flavor and insuring that everyone gets a taste of each ingredient. Believe me, I’m a nacho professional. I don’t mess around when it comes to important matters such as nacho ingredient distribution!
These Chicken Reuben Sheet Pan Nachos are the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day or any other day when easy comfort food is required. Layers of tortilla chips, chicken, corned beef, sauerkraut, red onions, cherry tomatoes and melty Swiss cheese are drizzled with a homemade thousand island dressing. Yes, I know a typical reuben doesn’t include onions and tomatoes, but have you ever realized just how beige that sandwich is? I needed to add some extra color and flavor to these nachos to truly make them memorable.
With less than a month to St. Patrick’s Day, does anyone want to take a guess as to how many more times we’ll be enjoying these Chicken Reuben Sheet Pan Nachos? Who am I kidding? I’ve created a year round treat that will no doubt be enjoyed quite frequently if my husband has anything to say about it. Since they’re so easy to make, you definitely won’t hear me complaining!
Chicken Reuben Sheet Pan Nachos
- 13 ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut drained
- 1-1/2 cups deli sliced corned beef cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and spread half of the tortilla chips into a single layer.
- Top tortilla chips with even layers of HALF each of the chicken, sauerkraut, corned beef, onion, tomatoes and cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining half of ingredients.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and drizzle with dressing and garnish with parsley.