Look no further for the perfect cookie for any winter holiday celebration than these Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies! A soft and chewy espresso infused chocolate cookie is topped with a puddle of peppermint crunch candy before being showered with crushed candy cane.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
Want to know what I did this past weekend? I made 13 dozen of these Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies. No biggie, right?
Typically I’d never in a bijillion years make that many cookies at one time, but I have a Christmas cookie exchange party to attend this week and I knew if I didn’t do my baking over the weekend, it would never happen.
Now, don’t close your browser tab and walk away at the thought of that many cookies. Not only do these cookies fall on the easy end of the baking spectrum – no rolling! no cutting! – but the recipe is also easy to halve as well. You know, just in case your cookie jar won’t fit 156 cookies.
These Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies were inspired by a recipe that I found in my e-mail archives. I have a recipe folder in my e-mail that I’ll throw recipes that people will send me and I have no recollection of ever receiving the original recipe from my cousin way back in 2010.
And per usual, I couldn’t leave well enough alone and put my own spin on things. I spiked the original cookie base with coffee and instant espresso and swapped the candy that was called for on top with a peppermint crunch variety. Winner winner, I love cookies for dinner! An absolute fact.
A soft and chewy espresso infused chocolate cookie is topped with a puddle of peppermint crunch candy before being showered with crushed candy cane. Look no further for the perfect cookie for any winter holiday celebration! (And of course, there will be the crazy cookie lovers like myself who will also be making these in the heat of summer as well.)
I mean, I do love me a peppermint flavored dessert. Peppermint + chocolate = a winning combination in my book. Like my addictive Peppermint Bark Brownie Bites, decadent Triple Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie and beyond easy No Bake Oreo Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that the dough can be made ahead of time and chilled prior to baking time.
Another plus? These cookies freeze like a dream, meaning that the cookies that I made over the weekend are in the freezer and awaiting their debut come party time later this week. I’ll simply bring them out early in the day and allow them to come to room temperature prior to party time.
Chocolate and peppermint is such a winning holiday combination and these Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies are no exception. The fact that they not only taste delicious but are also easy on the eyes make them a definite cookie exchange champion contender in my book!
Mocha Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups butter
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 156 Peppermint Crunch Andes Candies
- crushed candy cane for garnish if desired
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together butter, sugar and brewed coffee.
- Add bittersweet and dark chocolate chips and instant espresso powder and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to bowl of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each addition until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill at least one hour or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, place dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately place one unwrapped candy on the top of each cookie. Allow candy to melt and using the back of a spoon, swirl melted candy over top of cookie.
- If desired, garnish still warm cookies with crushed candy cane.
Looking to infuse a bit more peppermint into your desserts? Me too! You won’t want to miss this creamy Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake, four ingredient Practically Perfect Peppermint Fudge and these light and airy Peppermint Snowcap Meringues.