This decadent Triple Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie not only makes a great holiday dessert but because it takes just 15 minutes to prepare, it’s also suitable for any weeknight as well. Three types of chocolate, including a dark chocolate peppermint sauce, combine to form this easy, delicious dessert.
How do you feel about peppermint desserts? Love ’em? Yep, me too. Especially when it’s paired with chocolate. Peppermint and chocolate are a winning combination in my book. I have just one request. Please don’t sprinkle crushed mints on my peppermint dessert. I’m all about pretty, garnished desserts but the crushed mint thing is just too much. I’ll scrape them off before enjoying a single bite. Instead, I’ve taken it upon myself to create a Triple Chocolate Peppermint Dessert. Over the top in the chocolate department and crushed mints need not apply.
This decadent cookie not only makes a great holiday dessert when you have friends and family visiting, because it takes just 15 minutes to prepare, it’s also suitable for any weeknight as well. Three types of chocolate – count them, 1, 2, 3 – combine to form this easy decadent dessert. Cocoa powder, chocolate chunks and a dark chocolate sauce insure that this cookie is not one to miss. When it’s warm from the oven? I hope you have more willpower than I do. Those puddles of melted chocolate get me every time!
The chocolate sauce in this recipe also provides the subtle mint flavor as well. Robert Rothschild Farm’s Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sauce screams winter dessert. Smooth dark chocolate and cool peppermint are blended to create this smooth and refreshing dessert topping. I love that peppermint flavor isn’t overpowering like so many other products that I’ve tried.
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup Robert Rothschild Dark Chocolate Peppermint Dessert Topping
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chocolate chunks
- crushed peppermint to garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 10" iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in sugars, vanilla and Dark Chocolate Peppermint Dessert Topping. Remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir eggs into butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 20 minutes, note that the cookie won't be completely set but will continue cooking from carry over heat in the skillet.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with crushed peppermint, if desired.
- If desired, serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and additional Dark Chocolate Peppermint Dessert Topping.
Want to really take this Triple Chocolate Peppermint Skillet Cookie over the top? Try topping a slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Talk about refreshing! This large cookie is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Looking for other great chocolate and peppermint recipes?
I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create a recipe featuring their product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting this sponsor that allows me the opportunity to create content, such as this, for Melanie Makes.