I dare you to find a more comforting dessert this time of year than an apple crisp. But I’ll see your apple crisp and kick things up a notch with this Pear Ginger Apple Crisp with Shortbread Crumble. Tart apples and juicy pears combine with the warmth of ginger and cinnamon for this amazing dish. And the best part? The Shortbread Crumble, of course! It’ll definitely have you requesting seconds!
When I was testing this recipe the first time, a 9×13 pan lasted less than 24 hours in our house. We only have five people that live in our home…
Pear Ginger Apple Crisp with Shortbread Crumble
- 5 apples
- 4 pears
- 10.5 oz Robert Rothschild Farm Pear Ginger Preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 oz Robert Rothschild Farm Classic Shortbread Cookie Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pear Ginger Apple Crisp
- Peel and core apples and pears and cut into 1/4" slices.
- In a large bowl, toss apple and pear slices with Robert Rothschild Farm Pear Ginger Preserves. Place apple and pear mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- In small bowl, whisk together ground ginger, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over apple an pear mixture.
- In medium bowl, whisk together Robert Rothschild Farm Classic Shortbread Cookie Mix, salt and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter, cut butter into shortbread mixture until it is the size of peas.
- Sprinkle over top of apple and pear mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until bubbly and crumble is lightly browned.
This dessert feeds a crowd and would be perfect for your holiday table or any other special occasion!
I’m thrilled to be partnering with my friends at Robert Rothschild Farms – hooray for an amazing Ohio company! – to offer my readers a fantastic giveaway so that you’re able to try their amazing products! Please see the giveaway entry box below for your chance to win.
You can download full terms and conditions of this giveaway here.
Disclosure : This is the fourth in a series of four holiday recipes. I was compensated by Robert Rothschild Farm to create this recipe. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.