Chicken Parmesan in a slow cooker? Absolutely! A hearty tomato sauce imparts it’s amazing flavor to the chicken while ooey, gooey, melty cheese is the perfect finishing touch – comfort food sandwiched between two buns!
I know a recipe is a winner when my husband continues to request it each and every week I ask for menu ideas. These Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches have been a family favorite and couldn’t be any easier! Five minutes in the kitchen and a few hours later you’re ready to feed a crowd. It’s amazing that three chicken breasts can feed five adults and three children and I’ll STILL have enough leftover for lunch the next day.
A hearty tomato sauce imparts it’s amazing flavor to the chicken while ooey, gooey, melty cheese is the perfect finishing touch. Comfort food sandwiched between two buns!
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 12 buns or rolls
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, oregano, basil and bay leaves to slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and nestle into sauce. Cook four hours on HIGH or six hours on LOW.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to combine with sauce.
- Toast buns and then top with chicken mixture and a slice of cheese. Heat under broiler until cheese is melted and beginning to bubble.
- Top sandwich with other half of bun and serve.
The perfect recipe to get lunch or dinner on the table in no time! Have a slow cooker that automatically switches to warm when cooking is complete? Perfect! The chicken and tomato sauce filling gets even better as the flavors meld!