These Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches take just 10 minutes to prepare and are the definition of true comfort food. A hearty tomato sauce imparts it’s amazing flavor to the chicken while ooey, gooey, melty cheese is the perfect finishing touch.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
I know a recipe is a winner when my husband continues to request it each and every week when I ask for dinner menu ideas. These Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches have been a family favorite and couldn’t be any easier! Ten minutes in the kitchen and a few hours later you’re ready to feed a crowd. It’s amazing that four chicken breasts can feed five adults and three children and yet I will STILL have enough leftover for lunch the next day.
Utilizing the slow cooker for these sandwiches means that they’re perfect for weeknights, weekends and even gameday as once the ingredients are in, you’re free to focus other things as they’re completely hand off. I also love that I typically have all of the necessary ingredients on hand at all time. Key to a quick and easy dinner! Have a slow cooker that automatically switches to warm when cooking is complete? Perfect! The chicken and tomato sauce filling gets even better as the flavors meld!
SIDE NOTE: Hunting for a great slow cooker? I can’t recommend the one I chatted about in this Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Cherries recipe enough. I mean, the fact that it’s non-stick and is a breeze to clean is amazing in and of itself, but it also will brown, simmer and steam as well.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches take just 10 minutes to prepare and are the definition of true comfort food. A hearty tomato sauce imparts it’s amazing flavor to the chicken while ooey, gooey, melty cheese is the perfect finishing touch. While you can use any sliced mozzarella you might find in the cheese aisle, if you’re looking for a real treat, I highly recommend a thick slice of fresh mozzarella as the crowning glory to these sandwiches.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches are the perfect recipe to get lunch or dinner on the table in no time! I love making them when we have house guests as they feed a crowd with minimal effort and without me having to spend hours in the kitchen.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes drained
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 buns or rolls
- additional Parmesan cheese to garnish if desired
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, oregano, basil and bay leaves to slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and nestle into sauce. Cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 6 hours
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to combine with sauce.
- Toast buns and then top the bottom slice with the chicken mixture and a slice of cheese. Heat under broiler until cheese is melted and beginning to bubble. If desired, top with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Top with other half of bun and serve.
Chicken Parmesan fans will also appreciate these other ways to create their favorite dish. Check out this comforting Chicken Parmesan Casserole, Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Weeknight Chicken Parmesan.