Ooey gooey, cheesy pasta bathed in a beer sauce and topped with a bacon crust. This Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese is a man’s dinner dream come true.
I’m so excited to be participating in my second Sunday Supper event. This week, the theme is Valentine’s Recipes for Two. Thanks so much to Susan at The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen for hosting.
Friends, after eleven and a half years of marriage, I have created my husband’s ultimate dream dish. The two key ingredients? Beer and bacon. I mean, really. The aroma wafting from my oven when I pulled this Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese out likely had every guy in the 216 area code headed towards my front door.
Two individual dinner sized portions. I can’t think of a more perfect Valentine’s Day meal for my Valentine.
Ladies, snag the ingredients for this easy mac and cheese now for a great option for dinner at home on Friday. Believe me, you’ll enjoy it, too!
First is the ooey gooey, cheesy pasta. The happiest macaroni you ever did see as it bathes in a sauce beer sauce with both parmesan and cheddar cheese. The beer adds a depth of flavor that is simply unmatched by any other mac and cheese you’e experienced before.
For the beer, I chose to use a bottle of Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold, a local Cleveland beer. This has become one of my husband’s favorites since moving here, so I considered it the perfect choice.
Now, let’s talk about this bacon crust for a moment, shall we?
This bacon isn’t some ordinary bacon. No, thanks to mention of it in one of Michael Symon’s cookbooks, I ordered bacon online from Benton’s in Tennessee as a birthday gift for Andy last year. It seemed fitting that I used it on this dish, my Valentine to him and his stomach. Just don’t tell him it was the last package in the fridge.
This amazing bacon is combined with panko bread crumbs and sprinkled on top of the cheesy pasta and then topped with an additional dusting of parmesan cheese.
Creamy and cheesy paired with salty and crunchy. The ultimate, flavorful bite.
And THAT is what I’ll be serving for Valentine’s Day. How about you?
Looking for additional menu ideas that will serve two? Check out these other amazing dishes:
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.