The comforting goodness of meatloaf in a hearty appetizer bite. Stuffed with cheese and drizzled with ketchup, these Sharp Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf Meatballs are sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
What is it about holidays or gatherings with friends and family that immediately turns my mind to food? Please tell me I’m not alone! Nothing makes a get together even better than a spread of amazing appetizers, in my opinion.
When I was younger, my favorite holiday gathering was always the day after Christmas and the evening spent at my great aunt and uncle’s house, surrounded by family I usually only saw that one time a year. A bowl game on television, many a board game to be played and a spread of appetizers that was unparalleled. Appetizers for dinner? Count me in!
For some reason, my family seems to be obsessed with meatloaf the last month or so. As in it’s been a requested meal by nearly everyone – not counting our two year old who refuses to say much. Because it’s been so popular, I thought why not transform it into an appetizer that would be the perfect quick fix when a craving hit or when we had friends dropping by? Enter my Sharp Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf Meatballs.
The one ingredient that’s a staple in my meatloaf recipe and now these meatloaf meatballs? Oatmeal. Specifically Quaker Oats Quick Oats which I easily found in the hot cereal aisle on one of my many recent trips to Target.
I know I’m not the only one that makes multiple trips to Target each week, right? Last week’s count? Three. I absolutely love that place and could likely locate any item I’d like to purchase blindfolded.
Target also happens to be the exclusive retailer carrying Quaker Oats Quick Oats 42 oz. winter canisters. The iconic Quaker man icon – did you know he is affectionally referred to as Larry?! – dons a scarf and sits atop a winter scene on these canisters that are available for a limited time only.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup Quaker Oats Quick Oats
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6.4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add turkey, oats, bred crumbs, egg, ½ cup ketchup, parsley, Parmesan cheese, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oregano, basil and garlic powder. Stir until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, create a meatball with the turkey mixture, stuffing a sharp cheddar cheese cube in the middle and making sure it is fully covered.
- Place meatballs on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- To serve, put remaining 1 cup of ketchup in a ziptop bag and cut off one corner. Pipe ketchup over meatballs and garnish with additional parsley and Parmesan cheese if desired.
Ready to make these meatballs for your next holiday gathering? Be sure to snag this Quaker coupon before heading out for your next trip to Target.
Looking for more great meatball recipes?
This shop, featuring an easy holiday appetizer recipe for Sharp Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf Meatballs, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerUp #MyOatsCreation #CollectiveBias