My Black Forest No Bake Cheesecake takes just 10 minutes to prepare and is a must for chocolate lovers! An Oreo crust holds a pool of decadent chocolate ganache before being filled with a chocolate cheesecake filling, topped with cherry pie filling and showered with dark chocolate curls.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
Every once in awhile, while I’m digging through all of my photo files, I find a gem that I’ve never shared with you. It’s like finding buried treasure. Especially when it’s something as decadent as this Black Forest No Bake Cheesecake. Can you believe I took photos of this beauty nearly a year ago, last May? I’m blaming my inability to get them edited and online on the fact that we were moving across the country the next month. Obviously this is evidence I should’ve been packing instead of making dessert – oops!
I have a bit of a love affair with no bake cheesecakes. They’re so incredibly easy that when I need a quick dessert option, they’ve become my go to. My Black Bottom No Bake Cheesecake and Almost No Bake Drumstick Cheesecake are always met with excitement when I bring them out of the fridge! But sometimes you just need MORE chocolate. Right? Please tell me I’m not alone on this one. There is simply no such thing as too much chocolate in my book.
My Black Forest No Bake Cheesecake begins with an Oreo crust (chocolate) that holds a pool of my decadent Microwave Chocolate Ganache (more chocolate). A chocolate cheesecake filling is then added and topped with cherry pie filling before being showered with dark chocolate curls. That’s two more types of chocolate for those of you keeping track. That makes a grand total of four different chocolate layers with a bit of cherries thrown in for good measure.
This Black Forest No Bake Cheesecake is one of my absolute favorite evening treats to enjoy before heading to bed. That smooth as silk cheesecake filling gets me every time. It’s no wonder I keep all of the necessary ingredients in my fridge and pantry at all times!
Black Forest No Bake Cheesecake
- 1/2 recipe Microwave Chocolate Ganache prepared
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 15 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar
- Pour chocolate ganache into Oreo pie crust and refrigerate for one hour or until mostly set.
- In a medium bowl, add whipped topping, cream cheese, powdered sugar and baking cocoa and beat together with an electric mixer until combined. Spoon over chocolate ganache and spread evenly over pie crust.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over cream cheese mixture and refrigerate to set, at least one hour.
- Prior to serving, use a vegetable peeler to create chocolate curls from the candy bar for garnish.
Fellow cheesecake fans, you don’t want to miss these delicious recipes either! I have no doubt you’ll love these Hot Cocoa Cheesecake Minis, mashup Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake and decadent Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake.