These Cranberry Cobbler Muffins are the perfect use for your Thanksgiving leftovers! Delicious Citrus Cranberry Sauce sandwiched between perfectly browned dough create an amazing cobbler-like pastry to enjoy with your morning cup of coffee or tea.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
Today marks three days post-Thanksgiving. Have you eaten all your leftovers? Chances are you have a few hanging out in your fridge, one of which most likely is cranberry sauce. In my case, it’s my delicious Citrus Cranberry Sauce. Am I right?
Don’t let what remains in the fridge see the bottom of the trash can or the garbage disposal! Breathe new life into this must-have Turkey Day staple by creating these delicious Cranberry Cobbler Muffins. It’s like dessert for breakfast, and really, who can say no to that?
My Citrus Cranberry Sauce is full of bits of citrus packed clementines, tart cranberries and sweet pineapple and stirred together with both cloves and cinnamon to create a bright and flavorful twist on an otherwise traditional dish.
Thanks to the shortcut of using leftover cranberry sauce, these Cranberry Cobbler Muffins come together in just 10 minutes. Muffin batter is scooped into the bottom of each muffin cup. It’s then topped with a tablespoon of cranberry sauce and then additional muffin batter.
To use up a few more leftovers, I topped each muffin with a few leftover whole cranberries that were still hanging out in my fruit drawer. You know, to make them just a bit prettier.
I especially love these Cranberry Cobbler Muffins when they’re warm and straight from the oven. Breaking them open reveals the ribbon of cranberry sauce sandwiched between the cinnamon spiced muffin layers. Absolute perfection when paired with your morning cup of coffee or tea.
Cranberry Cobbler Muffins
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups Citrus Cranberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add applesauce, egg, milk and vanilla and stir until just combined.
- Using medium cookie scoop, scoop dough into bottom of each muffin cup. If needed, flatten muffin dough to cover bottom of muffin cup.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, scoop a tablespoon of cranberry sauce on top of muffin dough.
- Top each muffin cup with one additional medium cookie scoop of dough.
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins from muffin tin and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Looking for other recipes to incorporate your leftover cranberry sauce? Check out this 3-Ingredient Cranberry Balsamic Salad Dressing, 3-Ingredient Brie and Cranberry Phyllo Turnovers and this Cranberry Sauce Smoothie.