This six ingredient no bake Irish Cream Oreo Ice Box Cake is likely one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make and absolutely perfect to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day. Layers of Oreos and Irish cream spiked mascarpone whipped cream make up this dreamy sweet treat.
Keep in touch! Subscribe to receive Melanie Makes recipes direct to your inbox.
I lost some major mama points this week. My soon-to-be eight year old daughter opened the fridge and happened to spy this Irish Cream Oreo Icebox Cake perched inside. Of course, she immediately was excited by the possibility of enjoying a slice after dinner when I had to burst her bubble. Sorry, sweet girl, this dessert is for adults only. Enter conversation about legal drinking age. Although looking back on said conversation, adding adult beverages to dessert is downright genius. It means I don’t have to share with the four little ones of the house!
This six ingredient sweet treat is likely one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make and absolutely perfect to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day. Even better? There’s absolutely no baking involved and it tastes better and better the longer it sets in the fridge. How often can you say that about any food, let alone a dessert? You could even serve it alongside my No Bake Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake for a decadent holiday dessert bar.
Layers of Oreos and Irish cream spiked mascarpone whipped cream make up this dreamy Irish Cream Oreo Ice Box Cake. It’s then slid into the fridge to meld together overnight. The cookies soften as it absorbs the moisture of the whipped cream creating a dessert that can easily be sliced into wedges to be enjoyed as a cake.
I’m sad to report that I just finished the last slice of this Irish Cream Oreo Icebox Cake. Lucky for me, and I suppose my husband who I’ve been sharing the cake with, it’s so incredibly easy to make that there might just be another one sitting in my fridge waiting to devour tomorrow!
Irish Cream Oreo Icebox Cake
This six ingredient Irish Cream Oreo Ice Box Cake is likely one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make and absolutely perfect to enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day. Layers of Oreos and Irish cream spiked mascarpone whipped cream make up this dreamy sweet treat.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Irish cream
- 2 14.3- ounce packages Oreo cookies
- dark chocolate bar for garnish
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment, add heavy cream, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and Irish cream.
- Mix on low speed until combined and then mix on medium speed until it becomes thick and forms peaks.
- In an 8" springform pan, place a layer of Oreo cookies, breaking cookies to fill in any large holes.
- Cover cookies with 1/4 of cream mixture, smoothing into a flat layer with a rubber spatula.
- Repeat with cookies and cream mixture until you have three layers of cookies and four layers of cream.
- Place plastic wrap directly on top of final layer of cream and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, crumble one or two cookies over top of cake to garnish. If desired, top with dark chocolate curls.
Although I used store bought for this recipe, you could also make your own Irish Cream with this Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream Recipe. Any leftover would also be great in this Irish Cream Fudge or Nutella Irish Cream Milkshake.