This crazy easy and super flavorful Slow Cooker Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili is a comforting bowl perfect for any day of the week.
I don’t know about you, but I just can’t get enough soup lately. It seems to be the only thing that I want to eat each and every night for dinner and you can also find me scrounging around in the fridge hoping to find leftovers for lunch. Believe me, once you try this Slow Cooker Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili, you’ll be doing the same thing!
My Slow Cooker Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili is a spin on a recipe I originally spied on Instagram. I loved using coconut milk as the base, although this is where I should tell you that there is maybe the slightest hint of coconut flavor. It’s really just a velvety base for the entire recipe. Although the original recipe was good, I knew I wanted to add a few more ingredients to make it my ideal white chicken chili recipe.
Chili powder, cheese and hominy are what sets my creamy white chicken chili apart from the crowd. I mean, chili powder seems to be a no brainer for a chili, right? And hello, cheese? An absolute must for that creamy factor!
As for the hominy, it adds a bit of interest and chew factor rather than adding more corn or beans. Definitely an underrated pantry staple that you can find at nearly every grocery store.
But you know what the best part of this Slow Cooker Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili is? It’s truly one of those recipes where you just throw everything into the slow cooker and hit start. No chopping, no browning, not even even thawing. I’ve made it with chicken breasts direct from my freezer without any issue. This soup is a busy mama’s dream come true!
It also freezes and reheats beautifully! Even if you don’t have a family of six that will practically lick the slow cooker insert clean, such as myself, do yourself a favor and make this soup. Freeze the leftovers in individual portions and you’ll have additional meals at the ready whenever your heart desires.
And of course, topping your bowl of Slow Cooker Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili is half the fun. Give me all the avocado slices, cilantro, shredded cheese and tortilla chips. And another squeeze of lime.
Meals like these are perfect for my family as I have two children who tend to be quite picky eaters and they love the feeling of control that picking out their own toppings gives them.
How to Make Slow Cooker Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili
 In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add chicken, coconut milk and salsa verde.
 Add Cannellini beans, corn and hominy.
 Add green chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
 Stir together and cook on LOW 4-6 hours or on HIGH 2-3 hours.
Slow Cooker Coconut Lime White Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 10-ounce cans coconut milk
- 2 12-ounce jars salsa verde
- 2 14-ounce cans Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 25 ounce can hominy drained
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 limes
- additional cheese, lime, avocado and tortilla chips to garnish if desired
- In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add chicken, coconut milk, salsa verde, cannellini beans, corn, hominy, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir together and cook on LOW 4-6 hours or on HIGH 2-3 hours.
- Add cheese to soup and stir together to combine.
- Juice limes into soup and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with additional cheese, lime, avocado and tortilla chips, if desired.
Looking for a few more chili recipes to keep you warm? Look no further!