A quarter pound beef burger is topped with cheese, brown sugar glazed bacon and a split bratwurst. This glorious mountain of meat is then sandwiched between two halves of a pretzel bun slathered with smoky mustard. Forget the sides! This Sweet and Smoky Bacon Brat Burger is a complete meal!
I seem to be on a bit of a burger kick as of late. Recent favorites have been my Seven Layer Taco Dip Burger, Triple Cheese Chicken Fajita Cheeseburger and then I made a burger in the form of a pizza with my Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza.
And now, my recent creation, my Sweet and Smoky Bacon Brat Burger. This burger is yet another item on the list of why my husband adores me. Or at least that’s what I told him after I made it for him for dinner last week. This isn’t your ordinary burger. No, sir!
When I received a jar of Robert Rothschild Farm’s Anna Mae’s Smoky Mustard, I was smitten and knew Andy would be as well. It’s all the goodness of a summer cookout in the confines of a single jar. The perfect condiment on your next burger or brat, or in the case of this recipe, both!
A quarter pound beef burger is topped with cheese, brown sugar glazed bacon and a split bratwurst. This glorious mountain of meat is then sandwiched between two halves of a pretzel bun slathered with smoky mustard. Forget the sides! This burger is a complete meal!
- 8 slices bacon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Robert Rothschild Farm Anna Mae's Smoky Mustard
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 4 brats
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 pretzel buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat. Lay bacon slices on rack and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ground beef, Robert Rothschild Farm Anna Mae's Smoky Mustard and steak seasoning.
- Divide mixture into four hamburgers.
- Place brats and hamburgers onto grill and cook until brats are cooked through and burgers are cooked until desired temperature. Melt a slice of cheese over each burger.
- To assemble burgers, spoon additional mustard on both top and bottom bun. Place burger on bottom bun and top with two slices of bacon. Cut brats in half and place on top of bacon. Place top bun on top of brat.
To celebrate the upcoming release of their new catalog – of which this recipe will be featured! – the amazing people at Robert Rothschild Farm (Seriously you guys, love them. Love them, love their products.) are allowing me to host a giveaway the eight products I’ll be featuring in recipes through the rest of the month. These are the awesome products that are up for grabs:
- Snickerkicker Coffee as featured in my Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Hot Pepper Peach Preserves as featured in my Hot Pepper & Peach Cornbread Muffins
- Buffalo Bleu Cheese Dip as featured in my Buffalo Bleu Cheese Chicken Skewers
- Peach Mango Coconut Habanero Sauce as featured in my Sweet and Spicy Quinoa Fruit Salad
- Anna Mae’s Smoky Mustard as featured in this recipe
- Sweet Fig & Orange Spread
- Balsamic Caramelized Onion Spread
- Artichoke & Aged Parmesan Spread
See the box below for your chance to win.