A rich chocolate cake covered in a cookies ‘n cream pudding mixture while still warm then layered with a quick chocolate ganache, whipped topping and crushed sandwich cookies. This Cookies ‘n Cream Poke Cake is the perfect combination of two classic flavors in one delicious cake!
Let me first start out by saying I’m typically not a cake type of person. My birthday a few weeks ago? I had a pie. A cake has to be pretty darn spectacular to catch my attention. Something like this Cookies ‘n Cream Poke Cake. Layer upon layer – five to be exact! – of chocolate and vanilla create a rich and tempting dessert that will disappear like magic.
A rich chocolate cake is covered in a cookies ‘n cream pudding mixture while still warm. It’s then layered with a quick chocolate ganache, whipped topping and crushed sandwich cookies. I mean really, where has this cake been all my life?
I’m a huge fan of chocolate, but vanilla? If you’re using Vanilla as a synonym for boring, you’re using it wrong. Vanilla is anything but boring. With a simple product swap in my recipe, I amped up the vanilla flavor creating a more decadent cake.
My product swap? Instead of using milk to make the pudding filling that is poured over the warm cake while assembling, I instead used Classic Vanilla Coffee-mate creamer. What’s in the middle of your favorite sandwich cookie? A vanilla cream filling! It was the perfect fit!
- 15.25 ounce boxed chocolate cake mix
- 4.2 ounce box cookies 'n creme instant pudding
- 2 cups Classic Vanilla Coffee-mate creamer
- 14 ounces chocolate frosting
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 15 chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed
- In a 9x13 pan, bake cake according to box directions.
- Remove cake from oven and set aside. Immediately whisk together pudding and creamer.
- Poke holes all over top of cake with the end of a wooden spoon. Pour pudding mixture over cake and refrigerate for four hours.
- In a microwave safe dish, microwave frosting for one minute. Pour over cake and refrigerate until set.
- Spread whipped topping over cake and top with crushed sandwich cookies.
A delicious cake that can serve a crowd that couldn’t be easier to put together. What more could you ask for?
Want to try Classic Vanilla? Click here to locate a store near you!
Visit Coffee-mate for more delicious recipes!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.